Social Media Marketing
- to your customers (keeping them informed)
- to your professional life (keeping connected with others in your field)
- to search engine recognition (keeping you at the top of google and others)
Web2Blog is my website which helps people understand how to make the most of social media marketting and also help you to get a Word Press Blog based website.
Read more on how to make the most of Social Networking
From April 2015 Google looks like it will be penalising websites which are not Mobile friendly – ie able to be read easily on a tablet and phone – websites like this are ‘Responsive’.
An important first step for any travel businesses in New Zealand Are you registered with tourism NZ? This is very important free and a good way of connecting with Tourism NZ
Register on the official Tourism NZ website
You will find the registration forms on www.register.nztb.co.nz Once you have successfully completed your registration, you can go online again anytime using the ‘Returning Users’ section to update or refresh your information, you simply need to remember your user name and password.
Ours is Destination Northland, all the regions have one. It is an excellent opportunity to connect to local tourism training events, to perhaps have overseas media visit your place, and general networking. Follow this link to find your local provider. You will find there are lots of opportunities for marketing and for acquiring new skills and contacts.
More helpful links and information
- IRD and B&Bs and Tax if you don’t have an accountant, consider getting one. Talk to your accountant in case there is more up to date information available
- New Zealand Tourism Industry Blog: Connect with others in the tourism Industry
- Tourism New Zealand – their corporate website
- TIANZ – Tourism Industry Association of New Zealand – a member organisation
- How to start a B&B in New Zealand
- The Business of B&B – Australia and NZ – listings and information for owners – they have a members area which has lots of information which used to be in a hard copy newsletter of the same name
- @Home NZ – connecting and supporting B&B hosts and working to have quality standards
- Customer Service Training Programmes – Kiwi host and others – Highly recommended that you and your staff keep up to date with the latest in Customer service. Too many NZ business are ‘good enough’ but not as good as they could be
Rosemary writes: “I did one early in my development time setting up a B&B and the cost was repaid immediately with improved service with great customer feedback which kept helping us improve business even more. “
- Red Cross First Aid Courses Equip yourself to be able to help people in an emergency – you may be the closest one at hand.
Rosemary writes: I had a customer collapse and become unconscious as a result of previous surgery. An ambulance where I am is 20-30 mins away. It is very important to have some skills to keep people calm and out of danger until help arrives.
Places to Advertise your Women Travel Business
Firstly of course, in the Women Travel Network
- List on Women Travel NZ and you are automatically listed Women Travel the World – for any business focused on women travelers this is a must first step.
- Women Travel Blogs – articles accepted about your business in our associated blogs:
Women Travel the World Blog and Women Travel NZ blog
- Airbnb This is a relatively new network, but I like it because they take no money upfront – just pay a % of booking. They have some great security on the site, and they have photos of hosts – so you can see who you are staying with
- PoshPackers – very cheap to list and a great network for those on the budget end
- Tamaki Makaurau Lesbian Newsletter – ( Auckland based, but wider distribution) email
- Her Business – excellent articles and local networks
- Lesbian Connection A US based international magazine for lesbians, a wide circulation and not cheap to advertise in, but worth an occasional advert in my opinion. Women travel advertises regularly.
- Purple Roofs Travel Directory – a good international directory site
- NZ Tourism Online – this is one of NZ’s top sites and after consultation they developed a category for women’s accommodation.
- Gaystay NZ: a good grass roots network of NZ gay and lesbian hosted accommodation, not expensive
- Rainbow Tourism – Mark Proffit and Dee Farrell run this site from Australia – no money up front, 10% commission for confirmed bookings
- Gaygetter – gay and lesbian travel portal
- Lesbian Accommodation lesbian friendly places to stay in UK , Europe and world wide
Need More Help?
- I am very happy to assist you with mentoring and helping you to build your business $NZ60/hr or part thereof, either in person, on the phone or on skype.
- I can help you get a great and easy to manage website which will be seen by search engines – see www.web2blog.co.nz
- contact me if you think I can help firstname.lastname@example.org